If you and your family want to enjoy a Traditional Christmas then you may interested in the following tips.
1. Start with a real Tree and Decorations. So have you opted for a real or artificial christmas tree this year?
2. Fancy coloured or even fire optic lights aside! If you want a more traditional christmas then you’d be better off staying classic and buying a large quality set of white lights that will illuminate your tree and glass baubles.
3. Slow down! Stand back and check that the lights are evenly assembled around the tree, this is where it pays to buy a large set of lights based on the size of your real christmas tree. 4ft = 100+ light set where as a 6ft tree would need at least 300 lights.
Tinsel added next in a single solid colour, start from the base of the tree branches, gently weave in large drapes a continuous tinsel train up the tree.
Ribbons and beads in plain accent colour are now added, for example silver sheer ribbon and silver beads or a tartan ribbon with contrasting red beads, try an exciting combination of your own. Start from the base of the tree and work in ascending spirals to the tip of the tree.
4. Baubles should be added in size order of size largest first, Hang the large glass baubles on the lower part of the tree where they are able to hang freely.
4. Continue hanging your quality glass christmas baubles and as the size of the baubles reduce then move higher up the tree.
After spending four Christmases in Eastern Europe I now prefer a real tree, the smell, the look the endless cleaning up of pine needles! I’d miss that…