Designer Tulips for your Garden

Every wondered how Garden Designers, pull off those amazing combination of tulip bulbs, all colour matched and frills to die for?

I am going to let you into a little secret that’s going to save you big bucks!

The following Designer Tulip collections are a closely guarded secret and for a little under £15 you get 30 bulbs that will promise you am eye-popping display, you neighbours will be green with envy for.

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 21.34.33

Red Tulips remind me of my grandfather and every springtime as they appear in the Garden I can get quite emotional. Tulips create colourful displays in all sorts of situations and with colours to suit every taste or emotion, you will be spoilt for choice. Making this collection of designer garden tulips extra special, perhaps they will help you pay tribute to someone special too.

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 21.35.52

Tulips are a classic English bulb and a perfect companion to early spring perennials, if you can bear to cut them they will last ages in a vase or simply enjoy them from your window as they brave the elements.

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 21.37.27

Tulips can be found in almost every UK spring garden, yet originate in the Kazakhstan mountains, in the early 17th century, in Holland, prices of the latest bulbs rocketed.  We now have thousands of varieties of Tulips available to choose from and this collection is just one of an amazing range of colours and shapes for you to enjoy.

Designer Tulips Orange collection

If you have enjoyed my top tip for designer Tulips you can purchase them here or read on for more of Growhort Gardening articles! Remember to click follow and be updated every time I publish a new blog post.

Advertisements

7 Comments Add yours

1. Anonymous says:

Thank you for your amazing tips I am planning to plant a new bed of tulips in the front yard and the mix you show would bed perfect. Any ideas how to keep the pesky squirrels from digging the up?

1. igrowhort says:

Instead of planting them in the garden ground plant them in pond baskets usually used for water lilies, these can be filled with a sandy loam and plunged into the ground. If you have the space to store them you can lift the basket when they have finished and store them for safe keeping until the following Spring.

2. Stephie B says:

Perfect timing!! I just did a seminar yesterday on Bulbs, annuals & perennials that go through winter and early spring. Great post! Enjoyed it greatly:-)

1. growhort says:

Pleased to hear that and glad that you enjoyed my post on designer tulip. I love Spring bulbs and will be posting many more articles about bulbs of all shapes and sizes during the next few weeks. Thanks for your visit, hope you’ll call by again soon. Stephen

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephie B says:

You know I will:-) And I’m looking forward to your future posts!

3. Robert Kiersnowski says:

Wow!! What a GREAT blog Stephen. Considering the tulip being my beloved flower I also have that “family sentiment” with my Grandmother and the white tulip. We used to get our “Traditional Polish Easter Basket blessed every year at our local Polish Parish St. Adelbert’s. Well, whenever it iwas just my babcia and I and the Spring was right on time (Which it seems to be always in the ” The City of Brotherly Love” -aka- Philadelphia). We would pick a whit tulip kurt of the garden and get it blessed along with the rest of our Easter goodies. That’s brought back a wonderful memory and I Thank you Stephen.
    Warmest Regards,
    Robert

1. growhort says:

Thanks Robert my intention with this article was to share my love of tulips with others and your comment is the most perfect response! Thanks for taking the time to visit and I hope you enjoy all my articles as much as I enjoy sharing them. Stephen