Fruit Flavored Gummy-Candy Shapes are easy to make at home and if you are prescribed medical Marijuana then you may well like to try making these tasty cannabis infused gum candies for yourself.
Simple, tried and tested recipe for making gummy-bears or any fruit flavored cannabis infused gums. I have tried several methods for making these and found to save time and make a large batch of different flavors that the boxed Jello from Walmart or similar store works very well.
However should you prefer a healthier option I include the details to make them from scratch.
First chose a mould to set the candy in, I purchased several moulds, from bears to smiley faces.
I find the silicone moulds work the best, shot glasses or similar will also work.
X3 Gummy Bear Moulds and Droppers
Prepare your cannabis tincture well in-advance and allow to cool.
There are several methods and recipes for making tincture suitable for making gummy candies.
Using a quality bud green dragon tincture with a high CBD and low THC vary the strength to suit your requirements and availability. If your budget doesn’t stretch as far as quality green, then it can also be substituted with leaves and stems, taking into account the better the green the stronger the tincture and finished product.
I chill my silicone trays in the freezer, it keeps them sterile and helps the liquid candy set faster, place a chopping board beneath the silicone tray for added support.
On a low heat add flavored Jello or similar to 3/4 a cup of water, stir and add 2-3 teaspoons of gelatin (more gelatin chewier candy) allow to dissolve throughly over heat.
• 1 cup natural fruit juice
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tsp lemon juice
or buy a pack of Jello and 3/4 cup of water for ease.
• both require 2-3 teaspoons of gelatin or vegetarian alternative.
• Place chosen molds on a chopping board.
• In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat add juice and honey or sugar or Jello and water.
• Add gelatin slowly and stir to combine avoiding lumps.
• Use a low heat and stir until throughly dissolved. Remove from heat.
• As the liquid begins to cool stir in the GD tincture
• Quickly place cooling liquid in molds using a dropper.
• Ensure each mould cavity is full and free from air-holes.
• Refrigerate for 20 minutes or overnight
• Pop out of moulds and enjoy.
I purchased several moulds and spend an afternoon making several batches changing the flavor for each batch.
Interested in other tried and tested recipes then drop me a message.
Enjoy and consume responsibly.